Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment courses offered through DCCC or MCCC are taught at the high school by Phoenixville Area High School teachers who have a Master’s degree in their particular subject area and who have been approved by the college. Refer to page 12 in the PAHS Program of Studies for additional information.

Delaware County Community College also offers an Early College Academy allowing participating students the opportunity to complete half of an associate degree by the time they graduate high school. 

Students/parents with questions regarding dual enrollment should contact Mr. Gumby in the Counseling Office.

The following courses are offered as MCCC dual enrollment:

Safety and First Aid (ESW 245)
Forensic Science (CJS 201)
Medical Terminology (CAO/HCP 224)

The following courses are offered as DCCC dual enrollment:

English Composition I (ENG 101)
English Composition II (ENG 102)
World Civilization I (HIS 150)
World Civilization II (HIS 160)
Pre-Calculus I & II (MAT 161/162)
Introduction to Education (EDU 100)
Teaching Young Children: An Introduction to Early Childhood Education (EDU 210)
Literature in Early Childhood and Elementary Ed. (EDU228)
Careers in Healthcare (HCP 105)
Medical Law and Ethics for Healthcare Professionals (HCP/MAS 114)
AP Chemistry (CHE 151/152)
Spanish III & IV (SPA 101/102, SPA 201/202)
French III & IV (FRE 101/102, FRE 201,202)
German III & IV (GER 101/102, GER 201,202)

Students must complete the following in order to receive MCCC/DCCC credit:

1. Pass all placement tests required for each course. The placement test will be offered at Phoenixville Area High School.

2. Parents and students must fill out and return the registration and application form.

3. Pay the enrollment fee. Parents will be billed from and paid directly to the college. Parents and students will be notified of the cost of the course at the beginning of each school year.

4. Student must receive a "C" or better in the course to obtain college credit.

If students wish to transfer their Montgomery County Community College or Delaware County Community College credits, they must request an official transcript from the college. This transcript must be sent to any college that the student is attending.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.